NOTICE TO THE MARKET
COMPANHIA SIDERÚRGICA NACIONAL
Rua São José, 20, Grupo 1602, parte
Rio de Janeiro/RJ
Corporate Taxpayer’s ID (CNPJ/MF): 33.042.730/0001-04
COMPANHIA SIDERÚRGICA NACIONAL (“CSN”), pursuant to CVM Instruction 358, as of January 3, 2002; Law 6,404, as of December 15, 1976 and other rules applicable to capital markets, hereby informs the Brazilian Securities and Exchange Commission (“CVM”), the São Paulo Stock Exchange (“BOVESPA”) and the public the following:
I. The split of shares representing the Company’s capital stock was approved by the Extraordinary Shareholders’ Meeting held on the date hereof, by means of which each share in capital stock will be represented by 2 (two) shares.
As for the shares traded at BOVESPA, the depositary institution, Itaú Corretora de Valores S.A. (“Itaú”), shall take all measures to automatically distribute the new shares to the Company’s shareholders, according to the following schedule:
– For shareholders holding ownership interest until March 25, 2010 inclusive, each of CSN’s shares traded at BOVESPA shall be split into 2 (two) shares, or in other words, the shareholder shall receive 1 (one) new share for each share held, holding, after the split, 2 (two) shares;
– As of March 26, 2010, the shares will be traded ex-split rights (ex-date);
– On March 31, 2010, Itaú will distribute shares arising from such split at the ratio of 2 (two) new shares for each existing share.
As for the American Depositary Receipts (“ADRs”) traded in the New York Stock Exchange (“NYSE”), the depositary institution, JP Morgan Chase Bank (“JP Morgan”), shall issue new ADRs and distribute them to the shareholders, as per Schedule applied in the United States of America (“U.S.A.”):
– As of March 30, 2010 (record date), the holders of CSN’s ADRs at the NYSE shall be entitled to the new ADRs, at the ratio of 1 (one) additional ADR to each ADR already held;
– On April 6, 2010, the additional ADR to each existing ADR shall be distributed to CSN investors at NYSE (payment date);
– As of April 7, 2010, CSN’s ADRs traded at NYSE shall be traded ex-split rights (ex-date);
– From March 29, 2010 through April 9, 2010, JP Morgan Chase Bank’s books will be closed for issuance and cancellation between the Brazilian and US Stock Exchanges (BOVESPA and NYSE). However, CSN’s shares and ADRs will continue to be regularly traded on their respective markets.
The shares and ADRs arising from the split approved herein will be of the same type and shall confer their holders the same rights of previously existing shares and ADRs.
Rio de Janeiro, March 25, 2010.
Companhia Siderúrgica Nacional
Paulo Penido Pinto Marques
Investor Relations Executive Officer
For further information, please, click here.